Monday 14 May 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

The reason this is belated is because I was just having so much fun with my mother yesterday that I couldn't get to a computer.

Okay, bit of a fib...but I really did have a great time with my mother yesterday.  We don't live in the same city, so it was so nice to visit together and celebrate - her!  Mother's Day is a fantastic opportunity to reflect on what our mother's do for us, how hard they work, and the blessing that they are.  My mom is an inspiration.  That sounds sappy, but hear me out.

She never had great jobs, but always went to them diligently, without complaining, and did a great job.  She has had some health struggles, and yet if you met her on the street you'd never know.  In fact, if you knew her really well you still might not know, because she doesn't talk or complain about it.  She carries on with daily life, with doing everything that needs to get done, with putting family first.  She's a trooper.  And her faith is unshakeable.

So I say again, she's an inspiration.  I'm blessed to have the mother that I do.

To all the mother's, Happy (belated) Mother's Day.  To all those who can relate to what I've written above, consider yourselves blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment