Thursday 27 September 2012

People Are Awesome!

I've just found my new video series that I'm going to waste too much time watching on youtube, but it's amazing!  You've got to check out "People Are Awesome."  Amazing tricks, stunts, and feats from all sports.  Everything from basketball to biking, skiing, diving, parachuting, etc.

I like it for a bunch of reasons, first being because it's just really cool to watch.  It reminds of the amazing things that we as humans can do, that the human body is capable of.  But it also inspires me to get really good at something.  The incredible number of hours these people have to put into perfecting what they do has to be (almost) innumerable - we just see the final product and think 'wow', but there's so much that goes into making that happen.

It also inspires me to take risks.  The coolest things on these videos are the guys who take the biggest risks.  If we're too scared to do anything, we miss out on so much!  (By the way, that goes for both these fun/crazy types of activities, and for our walk with God - take steps of faith!)  You might read this part about taking risks and disagree, but - I must stress this again - keep in mind that each of these people probably only took these risk after countless hours of practice and training.

So I say, prepare properly and go for it!



Disclaimer - do not try anything you are not prepared/practiced/trained to do.  Be smart, don't get injured or worse, killed.  But if you are trained, practiced, ready, and know the risks, I say don't let the fear stop you - go for it!


1 comment:

  1. Very cool video. Loved the kid sliding his little car into the parking spot. I don't think anyone would post video of our awesome stunt/thing, which was to set a record by playing ping-pong for 96 1/2 hours straight! Not even sure ping pong qualifies as a sport? Is it in the Olympics? Was a fun, crazy time though, and we did get pretty good at ping pong by the end!

    ReplyDelete