Thursday 13 June 2013

Can't believe it's been 6 months already...

I'm sorry, I said I'd never be one of those gushing (annoying) parents...and for the most part I think I'm not. But at the same time, I'm proud to say how much I love my son, and it's fun (for me at least) to share the cool moments.  Gushing?  Maybe.

My son turned six months old yesterday.  Everyone told us before he was born that time would fly incredibly quickly, and I knew it would, but I've realized that you still can't prepare you for how fast it actually goes.  As I was spending time with him yesterday, I was thinking to myself, "Weren't you just born a couple of weeks ago?"

It's been fun to watch him grow over the months, from being a very quiet baby, to finding his vocal chords, to  learning how to smile, then laugh, and now, discovering the world around him - his latest shtick is to stare at his hand for several minutes while he moves his fingers.  (To be fair, he's actually always been a very aware baby right from birth, but it's still cool to see these progressions.)

Well on his six month birthday yesterday, he starts pulling out all the stops.  We've been trying to help him sit up on his own for the past few weeks, but it's been a slow process.  He's started to get it, slowly, but all of a sudden yesterday, here he is sitting with no problem at all (he's not leaning on the drum, just playing with it).



My wife and I were so excited when we saw this, and yet at the same time I automatically felt a tinge of sadness...  He's starting to sit.  How did he get to this stage so quickly?  He'll always be sitting now, the previous stage of his life is done.  A bittersweet moment...

He's also so close to crawling, and yesterday was the closest he's ever been...just needs to move his knees, which he is starting to do...



Three days away from Father's Day, I'm a proud and blessed Baba.  Only one request - time, please slow down a bit.



1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. Children are a Blessing and an inheritance from God. Enjoy every passing second with him they grow way to fast. Before you know it he will off to university thats how time flies. Lol.

    ReplyDelete