Monday 20 February 2012

Valentine's and Family Day...and February!

Man, February is a crazy month for myself and my family.  I'll explain why in a just a minute, but first, I said I'd post about the 'rockstar' gift I got for my wife on Valentine's Day...the answer?  A haircut!  You're probably thinking...what?  But see, my wife is amazing.  She got bangs for the first time last year and really loved them.  I also liked them, but personally I liked her hair longer.  So she's been growing her hair out for me over the past year, even though she's really wanted bangs.  That was sooooo sweet of her, so I got her gift certificate for a haircut for Valentines.

Now, as to the craziness of February for my family...there's valentine's day and family day.  As for birthday's, my dad's is February 3rd, my uncle's the 15th, my cousin's husband the 18th, and mine is the 19th (yesterday!).  OH, and my parents anniversary is the 18th...  yeah, December and February are the more expensive months for our family, lol.

But I had a great 30th birthday yesterday, celebrating with friends and family, and of course my awesome wife.  After the fun weekend, I stopped and reflected this morning on all the good things God has given as blessings.  Made me so thankful.  Life can be tough.  There are so many difficulties along the way sometimes, unexpected troubles come up.  But when we remember that we have a God that really cares, and that blesses us along the way, that really helps.  I enjoyed some good reflection this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment