Friday 2 August 2013

Some cool stuff happening

One of my jobs at LIFE is the Ministry Relations Coordinator.  Essentially that means building, maintaining, and growing relationships with churches.  Part of that sees me travelling around central Ontario and visiting pastors.  I love this part of my job.  Pastors are great people, and their passion to spread Chris is obvious. What I really love though, is seeing how churches are making a difference.  Yesterday I travelled to 89.3 and visited with 4 pastors.

I started at Victory Christian Centre in Port Perry and met with Pastor John Benschop.  He told about the amazing doors that have opened in Cuba.  He has been invited back several times by church leaders and country officials to teach them.  They've seen healings, miracles, amazing works of God.  In fact, he's going back later this year where he'll be meeting with the country's Minister of Religion.  He's asking for two stadiums to hold two MASSIVE outreaches.  Very cool.

I then went to Selwyn Outreach Centre in Peterborough.  Wow.  Like, wow.  They've given away over         $5 million in missions in the last decade or so.  They find a need and they fill it.  They've built ministry schools in South Sudan, churches and buildings in Kenya, Brazil, India...the list goes on.  On top of that, they invest locally - tens of thousands of dollars into reaching the lost in Peterborough every year.  Pastor Brian Mahood is a really passionate guy.  Really cool stuff.

On to Calvary Pentecostal in Lindsay.  Pastor Joel is new at the church within the past 4 months.  He's excited for what God has in store.  He's excited about local missions and reaching his community.  He's excited to move the church forward and do unique outreaches that sweep the city off its feet.  We talked about a few of them, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too early.  I'll just say, it's some seriously cool stuff.

I rounded out my day over coffee with Pastor Anthony Does at Bethel Lindsay.  Such cool stuff in the works at Bethel, some really big plans.  They have an awesome piece of property, and what they're hoping to do with it is really impressive and could be a great outreach.  Again, I have to stay cryptic because it's not my place to say what's in the plans, especially when it's not set yet.  But again I'll say, very cool stuff.

It was an encouraging day visiting all these pastors and seeing what's happening.  Some neat stuff is going on in Port Perry, Lindsay, and Peterborough - and around the world through 89.3 churches!  Stay awesome 89.3.

No comments:

Post a Comment