Friday 1 November 2013

Getting Ready

Travelling is awesome.  I love going anywhere.  I love to fly.  I love to experience different cultures.  I love history and walking in ancient places.  I love different landscapes, foods, languages, customs...  And I can't wait to jump on a plane in 5 days to head to Israel with 34 LIFE listeners.  It's going to be amazing walking in the places where Jesus and his disciples walked.

That being said, I haven't started preparing for it nearly as much as I'd like.  Ever notice that when you go away, on vacation or a work trip, you're swamped in the couple of weeks leading up to the trip, and swamped when you get back?  The first is because you're working ahead to make sure everything runs smoothly while you're away.  The second is to catch up after you get back.  Travelling is great, but it's a lot of work before and after!

So while I'm excited and it's starting to hit me, I still have about 274 things on my plate that I need to finish first.  Sufficed to say, it's going to be a long weekend  :)   One thing I definitely want to make sure to do is read my bible a lot more this weekend - kind of like studying for an exam where you prepare for what's on the test, here, I'm trying to prepare myself for what I'm going to see, so that I gain so much more of the biblical and historical context.  I'm hoping to blog and/or journal a lot when I'm there, so you can follow along.


On another note and completely unrelated, this video has kept me laughing for the past few weeks, so I thought I'd share.  JEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment