Friday 12 December 2014

Happy Birthday!!!

Today is a special day in the Maassarany household - it's my son's 2nd birthday!

He was born 12/12/12 (which is pretty cool).  But the past two years have whipped by.  He's talking in full sentences, laughing, being naughty, being great...it's just gone way too fast...

It's amazing how much joy he brings into my life.  You always hear parents say that, and if you're not a parent it can get annoying...yes, I know.  But it's so true.  I come home, see him, and a smile comes from deep down.  When I have to discipline him, I HATE it.  I know I have to and that it's good for him, but it's so hard for me to make my son upset, even when it's for his own good.  I would do anything to keep him safe.  He's my boy.

I know that time flies.  I'm trying to cherish every moment.  Perhaps one of my favourite things right now is how excited he gets when he hears me pull into the driveway.  I open the front door and hear him running down the stairs yelling "Daddy, Daddy!!"  And then a HUGE hug...oh, his hugs are so good.

My boy, happy birthday.  I love you so much.  I'll try to always be the best dad I can.




2 comments:

  1. Aren't you the world's greatest dad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks Ryan, I try to be. I have a long way to go though.

      Delete