Monday 29 December 2014

Family

Ah Christmas.  Such a busy, hectic, crazy, money-guzzling...amazing time.  I love Christmas.  It was so nice to be able to spend time with family the last few days.  Christmas eve through to Boxing Day, we spent with my family, and the 27th was my wife's family gathering.  It really hit me (again) this year what a blessing it is to have such a wonderful family on both sides.  It's something that I realize not everyone has.  I know many people who are estranged from their parents, siblings, or children...and I can't imagine what that would be like.  I feel for anyone in that situation, and hope and pray for reconciliation.

The more I think about it, the more I know that I am blessed to have a great family that loves me, who have shared ups and downs with me, with whom I have amazing memories, and who share the same faith and beliefs that I have. And I married into a family that's the exact same way.

If you have such a family, count your blessings this Christmas - and everyday.  We are some of the lucky few.

No comments:

Post a Comment