Friday 9 January 2015

2015

Here we are at the beginning of a new year.  The dawn of a new day means you look ahead.  You look at what's coming next, and how you can better yourself.  But to do that, you have to look back too.

2014 was a great year, and a challenging year.

Great because my second son was born.  Great because my wife and I saw God's hand leading us in several different ways.

Challenging because for the life of me, I could not stay healthy.  I used to be the iron-horse, the guy who never got sick.  My 'sick' has always been a bit of a head cold that's usually gone within 1-2 days.  But in 2014, I had laryngitis, strep throat, several long-lasting colds and coughs, and even a pulled muscle.  It was a long year.

So how do I look ahead and make changes (if possible)?  One thing my doctor said was to get more rest, and that would help with not getting sick so often.  It's hard when you have a full time job where you're up by 4:15am, are a full-time dad of young children who don't always sleep through the night, and have other responsibilities that keep you busy during the day.  So this year, my wife and I are making a concerted effort to help me get more rest through a couple of lifestyle changes.


Additionally, I've picked my verse for the year.  Mark 9:24,"Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”  You see, I am a doubting Thomas.  Yes, I believe in God and Jesus.  But my faith could use some help sometimes.  I want to believe more.  I want to believe that when I pray, God hears, and can - and WILL answer.  And I'm quoting a verse right from the bible in calling out to God - I need God to help me overcome my unbelief.

That's what's ahead for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment