Friday 20 February 2015

Birthday

I turned 33 yesterday.  It was my birthday, meaning I could do whatever I wanted.  My wife kept asking, "What do you want to do?  Anything you want, it's your day!"  But I worked in the morning, and had a 2.5 hour meeting that I had to go to in the evening...so there were only a few hours in the middle of the day that were 'mine'.

So what was my choice for 'whatever I wanted to do' for those few hours?

I took a nap.  A wonderful, magnificent, almost heavenly, nap.  My wife took the kids, and I had some one-on-one time with my pillow.  I woke up feeling so refreshed.

For those of you who think I'm lame, I understand.  I too used to be so naive once.  Then I had kids.  And started working at 5am.  And everything changed.

It was the best birthday ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment