Tuesday 1 March 2016

Finish strong!!

I was inspired today.  Inspired to be the best I can be.  To push and never give up.  To keep going despite all odds.

This race was from 2008, but I just saw it today for the first time.  This is Heather Dorniden, running a 600m race (3 laps).  In the lead on the second lap, she gets tripped...and then...well, just watch  (skip to 1:08 if you don't want to watch the whole race).







The guts, determination, drive, heart...(I could go on)...that it takes to do this leaves me speechless.  The word "inspiring" doesn't do it justice.  It's beyond words.

We all get knocked down in life, often unfairly, but it's how we rebound that matters.  Heather didn't give up.  She said later that all she wanted to do was finish the race, but then she heard the crowd and got a surge of adrenaline.  The result is one of the most amazing finishes of any race I've ever seen.

Let's be realistic, we can't win every race.  BUT, we can at least finish the race, and it's up to us how we finish.  Heather has inspired me to finish the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment