Friday 14 December 2012

Leonidas!

The big news in our lives, my wife gave birth to our first child!!  Leonidas Alexander Sanad Maassarany.  2:39am on Wednesday, which means his birthday is 12/12/12 - we like that a lot.  Hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm a father, and that this little one belongs to me - perhaps because I haven't really slept much the past three days - but I'm thrilled.  Thanking God for such a cool blessing.

As for the name, Leonidas was king of the Spartans in ancient Greece, and he led a few hundred men in holding off an entire Persian army for 3 days (see the movie 300).  Leonidas means lion/lion strength/son of the lion.  The next two names are grandfathers on each side.


Two hours after Leonidas was born:



My wife's favourite pic:



My favourite pic:



One more, just cause...

1 comment: