Friday 10 May 2013

The weekend

If you've followed my blog at all, you know that I'm a big fan of all seasons.  Winter was great, but now I'm excited for the spring.    I have a bunch of projects planned for this weekend, mostly on our car - switching over to summer tires and a few car repairs while I'm at it.  If that all goes well and quickly, then it's some work on the yard.

Of course, this is all assuming the weather co-operates, which at this point it looks like it won't...frustrating that it's so sunny and warm all week, then the weekend hits and it'll be cold and raining...urg...  However, that'll mean more time for some projects indoors, like fixing a leaky sink and continuing some spring cleaning.

But of course, the most important part of the weekend is Mother's Day.  It'll be my wife's first Mother's Day, so I'm hoping to make it really special.  Being a new parent, I have a new appreciation for mothers.  Seeing her get up in the middle of the night, stay patient with a sometimes impatient infant, keep the house in order...she does it all.  I'm pretty lucky.  I hope I can express my appreciation this weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment