Friday 20 September 2013

Renovations

This is an exciting couple of weeks for me.  My wife and I are taking on our first REAL renovation project in our place since we moved in 3 years ago.  Over the years I've done minor-to-medium things to a couple rooms - painted, fixed leaky sinks, fixed appliances, stained furniture, etc, but this is different.

We're completely gutting our laundry room and rearranging it.  That means sawing wood and pcv piping, painting, filling in holes, building shelves, drawers, sliding doors, etc...  And we're hoping to do it on the cheap, meaning we're doing the work, and hoping to do a lot of it from scratch.

I love working with my hands, and my goal is to become a handyman around the house.  I've started with the projects mentioned above, and I'm hoping this project takes me to the next level.  My dad was a handyman and I thought it was really cool that he could fix pretty much anything.  I wanted to be like that too, but I unfortunately didn't learn very much because it was always so boring helping him - my job was always to hold the light..a necessary but incredibly monotonous task.  Now though, I'm excited to get my hand dirty and build something!  As it's the first real go around, I don't expect it to look perfect, but I'm excited for how it'll turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment