Thursday 5 September 2013

Vacation

I was on vacation last week, an oooohhh, it was a good one.  I told my wife that the sign of a great vacation is all the scratches, cuts, aches and pains from all the adventuring.  I'm not usually a guy who can sit still for very long, I'd much rather be doing stuff.  Last week was a great mix of hanging out and being active.

I was at Muskoka Bible Centre (MBC) for the week.  That was great in itself because MBC is really a neat place.  They bring in speakers in the morning and evening, and Dr. Steve West from a church in Guelph was there last week.  Brilliant guy, taught me so much, I really enjoyed his messages.  Additionally, the food at MBC is ridiculously good (I gained a few pounds...).  And they have activities like canoeing, kayaking, volleyball, etc.  I took my own kayak, but it was nice to go canoeing with my wife and son.  So yes, MBC was awesome...

Here's where it gets really good.  I made it my mission to do lots of stuff while we were there - and we did.  In fact, there were a few things on my list that that I couldn't fit in!  The highlights - golf at Huntsville Downs, climbing a waterfall, ATVing through some crazy terrain, sliding down the Port Sydney rapids (which this year are flowing very high and fast), and perhaps the highlight - cliff jumping!  A 38 foot cliff that was absolutely awesome!  I have pictures and video of most of this stuff but it was taken by different people on different cameras.  When I amass it all, I will edit this post to show some of the adventures.  Oh, and we went into Huntsville and walked around a couple of times.

Thanks Huntsville and MBC, I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment